Monday, October 21, 2013

YOU'RE NOT AN ORPHAN, YOU'RE AN HEIR!!



"Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."  (Romans 8:17)


Your perception of how God sees you has a lot to do with your happiness.  You may have been taught that you are unworthy of forgiveness, or told by others that you would never be worth anything.  Let me tell you right now, that just is not true! If you want to know how God feels about you, then go to Him...go to His word.  You will be utterly amazed to find out how God sees you.

If you have accepted Jesus into your life, then you are a child of God.  You are not an orphan or a stranger to Him!  God actually sees you as one of His children.  2 Corinthians 6:17-18 tell us this:
 "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

And look at this: "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. "   (1 John 3:1)

I can remember as a little girl, how comforting it was to go to my natural father for love and protection.  Well, having our Heavenly Father to run to is no different.  He wants to lavish us with all His love and have a close relationship with us.  But that's not all.  Did you know that once you became a child of god, you also became joint heirs with JESUS?!  "Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."  (Romans 8:17)

You don't ever have to worry about not being good enough or holy enough because God is a forgiver of your sins.  Jesus was perfectly holy when He went to the cross for your sins...God sees you as forgiven!  "And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Acts 2:21)

"For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thessalonians 5:9)
If you have asked God to forgive your sins, then you are forgiven.  You just turn away from sin and continue to walk in your authority!

Finally God sees you as hopeful.  Yes there is hope for you!  If you are a child of God, then know that He has plans for your life.  "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

So today and everyday, look into the mirror and see yourself as God sees you.  Stand up tall and know that you are not an orphan...you are an Heir to the Kingdom!  Walk in the authority that God has given you and claim your rightful place.  Let the world know that your Father is King of Kings!!


Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for saving my soul and claiming me as Your child.  I am so happy to be part of the Royal Family of Jesus Christ.  Sometimes in my lowest moments, I felt so alone and abandoned. But I now know that I am not alone. Thank you for sending a Comforter named Jesus!  I am honored to be loved and welcomed into your holy family.  Show me your will for my life and give me the wisdom to walk in the path you've set before me.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Walk in authority!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment