Friday, October 4, 2013

MAKE YOUR "NOTHING LIST"

 
 
 
 
"Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
(John 11:40)
 
 
Today I'd like for you to read the story of the death of Lazarus.  It's a very popular story in which Jesus raises him from the dead.  Every time I read a familiar story from the bible, I always get a new revelation.  This morning as I read this one, I began to think how Jesus uses many ways to teach us about faith.  The story of Lazarus shows us how wrong it is for us to give up on people and situations that seem "dead" or hopeless. 
 
God is more than able to breathe life into those dead circumstances and lives.  Make a list of these three scriptures and keep it with you at all times.  Let's call it our "Nothing List".  These scriptures will help increase your faith to believe God for the impossible!
 
 
MY NOTHING LIST
 

1. "NOTHING can hinder the Lord"  (1 Samuel 14:6)
 
 
2. "NOTHING is too difficult for Him" (Jeremiah 32:27)
 
3. "NOTHING is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37)
 
 
 
Just before Jesus raised up his friend, Lazarus, he turned to his sister, Martha, and asked, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:40)
 
When you find yourself in a very hopeless situation, pull out your Nothing List and also remember the powerful words He spoke to Martha.  Repeat these words in your spirit as you pray: "I believe I will see the glory of God."  As you keep these words in your heart, you will begin to see your faith increasing!  Faith pleases God and urges Him to move mountains and work miracles in your life!!
 
 
Prayer:
 
Heavenly Father, I thank you today for all the ways you use people and circumstances to teach me about faith.  Forgive me for giving up on my hopeless loved ones and situations in my life.  I want to see your glory!  I will hide your words in my heart and believe you for my miracles.  Help me to fill my heart with praises and the promises from your word that will build my faith and help me to believe You for the impossible.  I know that as I believe...I will see your glory.  In Jesus' name, Amen.
 
 
Have a blessed day, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment