Monday, October 7, 2013

IT'S HARVEST TIME!

 
 
 
 
 He also said, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how.  All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head.  As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.” (Mark 4:26-29)
 
 
Don't you just love this time of the year?  It's officially FALL.  The leaves are changing, the air is cooler, and most of all, it's HARVEST TIME!  My favorite part of this season is bringing in all the fruits and vegetables that I've been waiting on all year. Making jams and preserves, canning, and freezing fruits and vegetables, and especially smelling all those wonderful pears and apples cooking.
 

This parable of the Growing Seed really unfolds in the same way.  As Christians, we plant all kinds of seeds.  We need to remember that in order for a harvest to come, we need to be like the farmer - plant the seed and let nature take its course!  The seed doesn't come up over night to release its harvest. We must wait. While waiting, we must care for the garden.

Spiritual seeds are exactly like natural seeds.  Have you sown good seeds?  Perhaps you have unsaved loved ones that you're concerned about.  Planting good seeds would be: praying for them, living a Christ-like life before them, and ministering to them as the Lord leads you.  Once you do all this planting into their lives, you must leave them in God's hands and trust Him to bring in the harvest.  Becoming frustrated or impatient is like digging up your seed!  Speaking destructive words or acting ungodly will destroy the seed you've planted. 

Scripture says: "The ones who do the planting or watering aren't important, but God is important because He is the one who makes the seed grow." (1 Corinthians 3:7 NLT) Keep planting your seed, but always remember that only God can make it grow and bring a harvest. So trust Him, lean on Him, and wait on Him. And the day will come when you will see it with your own eyes--it's harvest time!


Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for being the caretaker of my planted seed.  Help me to learn how to sow good seed in every area of my life.  Sometimes I get in my own way by being impatient and I ask that you forgive me.  When it looks like my sowing isn't producing much, remind me that You do some of Your best work behind the scenes!  I thank you right now for showing me that if I do my part, and leave the rest to you, my harvest will come.  I give YOU the glory!  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Go, reach out to others and plant some good seed.  Watch God do something wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment