Tuesday, October 8, 2013

LET GOD OUT OF THE BOX


"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"  (Ephesians 3:20)


In the business world there is a familiar term known as the "glass ceiling".  This simply means that a person can only rise so high in promotions or income level.  Once they reach that point, that's it...they can't make any more money or be promoted any further no matter how much education they have, no matter how much talent or skill they have.  Some refer to it as "topping out".

In our Spiritual lives, we sometimes find ourselves limiting God to a glass ceiling or even a box.  We may not recognize it at the time, but let's open that can of worms this morning.  When we look at ourselves through our own eyes and see simply a mother, a father, a teacher, a nurse, a housekeeper, etc. - we have limited God.  We identify ourselves with a powerless title. When we lose all hope for healing, deliverance, financial freedom - we have limited God.  When we use prayer like the Jack in the Box toy...we believe that certain words or actions will "turn the handle" and make God show up or "pop up" in our situation - we LIMIT GOD! 

The scripture today (Ephesians 3:20) tells us plainly that He is able to do far more than we could ask or think...according to His power that works in us!  Give close attention to the last part..."according to His power that works in us".  We must learn to allow God's power to work in our lives if we plan to receive His promises.  In order to let that power work, we need to activate our faith.  Having faith that God can do ALL things, and allowing Him to do them without your help, will move the very hand of God in your life. 

In addition to faith, you must know who you are in Christ!  The word declares that "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? (1 John 5:5)

When you:

 1. Stand firm in the knowledge that you are a child of God
 2. Serve Him and live in His will
 3. Put all trust in Him

 There is nothing that can limit God in your life!

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper..." (Isaiah 54:17) This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord!



Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for being Lord of my life.  Thank you for giving me the gift of Salvation!  As I look over my walk with you, I see that there are times when I have put limits on your ability to move greatly in my life.  I ask that you forgive me for putting you in a box.  From this day forth, I desire to release you to work freely in me and through me.  I command all boxes be destroyed in my life! I release the power of Jesus Christ to come alive in my Spirit!!  NO MORE BOXES!!  I AM FREE!! YOU ARE FREE IN ME!!  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Leave Jack in the box...and let God out!!!  Have a blessed day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment