Saturday, October 5, 2013

RELIGIOUS BUBBLES



It's Saturday!  What are you doing today?  As I watched the children in a neighbor's yard blowing bubbles and laughing, it reminded me of something very important about religion. There are so many people who have been in church for so many years and have made themselves comfortable in a weekly routine.

They find themselves in "religious bubbles".  Inside those bubbles you'll find: Service, Bible Study, Sunday School/Worship Meeting attendance, Bake Sale participants, Ushers, Church Bus Drivers, Choir Members, etc.  Although all these activities are needed and good, there's still an important element missing.  Our LOST family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors!

We've gotten so comfortable in our little bubbles of Christianity that we have forgotten about the main reason Jesus saved us.  Our priority should be to reach OUT into the world and draw people to Christ.  The Word tells us this:

 " Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)

This means we must allow God to burst our little bubbles and we need to get out of the comfort zones to do His will.  When we are blessed, we need to become a blessing to someone else.  You may be the only bible somebody ever hears!  Spread the love of Jesus to others.

Prayer:  

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for finding me worthy enough for salvation.  Thank you for having mercy on my soul when I didn't even deserve it.  Lord forgive me for living my Christian life inside this "religious bubble".  Give me the right words to minister to the lost souls in my family, neighborhoods, and on my job.  I want others to see that you live in me, and that you are willing to live in them as well.  Make me a vessel for your love to flow into the hearts of the lost.  In Jesus' name, Amen.


Now go...witness to a lost soul today and watch how Jesus changes their life because YOU obeyed the word of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment