Friday, October 11, 2013

USE WHAT YOU HAVE




"And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The Lord hath not appeared unto thee.
And the Lord said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.
 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.
And the Lord said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:
That they may believe that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee." (Exodus 4: 1-5)


I'm sure there have been times when you knew in your heart that God was leading you to do something that you've felt really uncomfortable about doing.  We've all been there at some point.  In order to grow, we have to get out of our comfort zone and do things we thought we couldn't do.  If God has brought you to it, he'll bring you through it!

We often disqualify ourselves by thinking there are others more qualified or gifted, but God is beckoning us to use what he gave us to get the job done.  He's asking you today, "What's that in your hand?" Use your talent to be a blessing to someone else.  Tutor a child who's having trouble in school, cook a meal for a family who's been having hard times, fix a car for a single mom.  You were born with at least one talent that you can use for His glory.  You may not consider yourself to be a pro at anything, but don't let that stop you from being a blessing.  Never underestimate the power of what God faithfully placed in your hands!

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for trusting me enough to place this talent in me.   I've had a desire to do something for you, and sometimes I didn't even realize that all I needed was right in my hands.  Give me the courage I need to use what you gave me to be a blessing to others.  I realize that there may be others who I feel are more qualified or educated, but I know that YOU have qualified me.  Use me, Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen.


Have a blessed day!!!  Get busy for the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment