Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WHO'S YOUR DADDY?







But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. (Luke 6:35)


All children want to have "features" like their father. Their smile, their eyes, or some great feature that they can identify by saying "That's my daddy." 

Since God is our Father, we should not only want to look like we belong to Him, but we should want to have His heart! God is not only rich in goods and power, he is also rich in mercy, kindness, and grace. He asks us to be the same, and our Father even promises to help us have the power to love in this way through the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5). So let's be open to being generous, gracious, and merciful! If we are, we'll have our Father's heart.




Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for being everything to me.  I want to be more like you from day to day.  Teach me to have a heart like yours- forgiving, gracious, generous, and merciful.  Forgive me for the things I could have done, but didn't. My desire is to make You happy.  Give me the courage and strength I need to do that.  In Jesus name, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment