Monday, November 11, 2013

KNOW YOUR WORTH








You know that in the past you were living in a worthless way, a way passed down from the people who lived before you. But you were saved from that useless life. You were bought, not with something that ruins like gold or silver, but with the precious blood of Christ, who was like a pure and perfect lamb.

—1 Peter 1:18-19 (NCV)

 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors,  but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. (NIV)



Have you ever read about people and their "net worth" in magazines?  I'm sure you've seen it on television...the "net worth" of Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey, or other multi-millionaires.  Do you know your net worth?  Not financially, but do you know how much your life is worth?  I'm sure you know people, hopefully it's not you, who try to prove themselves to others by possessing expensive clothes, cars, or homes.  These people often struggle on a daily basis to feel like they are "somebody".

There's nothing at all wrong with being blessed!!  But dedicating your life to chasing fame and fortune just to flaunt it to others in not a lifestyle you should desire to have.
Living like this is just like chasing the wind! 
The bible even mentions it in
Ecclesiastes 6:9 (NLT) we read, “Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don’t have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless—like chasing the wind.”
The desperate pursuit of earthly value leads to a dead-end.

Do you really want to know how much you're worth?  I'll tell you.  YOU are worth the LIFE, the BLOOD, the DEATH, and the RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ!  If you live your life with this awareness, it will change everything about your life. 

Often in our lives we are mistreated, stepped on, looked over, pushed aside, underestimated, unappreciated, and left to feel unworthy.  But I'm here today to tell you that you are priceless to God. No matter what has happened in your life, you will never lose value in the eyes of our Heavenly Father.  The value in life is not measured by WHO you are, but WHOSE you are!


Let's give our lives back to the Lord today, our disappointments, our suffering, our feelings of worthlessness. He is the God of healing. He has made us clean and worthy of our calling in Him! And there's so much work to be done!!  Your life is meant to inspire others to come to Jesus.  That's how He gets a good return on His investment!! Praise God!! (I'm preaching!)



Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, I want to thank you for adding value to my life through Jesus Christ.  I repent for thinking that I am nobody special.  I am your child, so that makes me the best of the best!  Thank you for loving me in my brokenness.  I accept Jesus into my life today. I thank you for the price of life, blood, death, and resurrection that was paid on my behalf.  Strengthen me daily to walk in your will so that I may bring forth a great return on your investment in me. I love you Lord.  In Jesus name, Amen!



KNOW YOUR WORTH!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment