Tuesday, November 5, 2013

GREAT EXPECTATIONS





"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)



During this season of Thanksgiving, it's not all roses for some people.  We live in catastrophic times.  There are shootings, fires, job loss, severe illnesses, and so many more devastating things taking place in the lives of many people.  So as followers of Christ, does that mean we just put on a plastic smile like these things don't bother us?  Of course not! 

Through loss and disappointments, we often are so heart broken that we lose sight of our God.  We even feel alone at times.  This is human nature.  But we must remember that " You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." (1 John 4:4).  As long as you can keep your mind on the Father instead of dwelling on everything that is going wrong in your life, you can come out on top!  "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." (Isaiah 26:3)

God does not expect you to think that in some magical way everything is really fine when it isn't. Rather, we are to say "Thank You Lord" knowing that God will somehow bring good ultimately, though we may not know how all the pieces fit together. 
Hard times really are hard times.  It's during these times that we turn to God instead of revolting against Him. 

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Whatever you are going through today, trust and believe that God will turn it all around for you in due season.  Be patient and allow Him to give you a testimony!  When you make it through this storm, you'll know that only Almighty God did it for you!!



Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for never leaving me in the midst of my storm.  It gets really hard for me, but I know that I am not alone.  Today I cast my cares upon You, because your word says in Psalms 55:22 that you will sustain me, and never let me be shaken. And in 1 Peter 5:7 you said that I could cast my cares upon you because you care for me.  Thank you Lord for caring enough for me to see me through this hard time in my life.  I am so glad that when I have no one to turn to, you are always there for me.  I never have to try to find an answer because You are all I need.  Take this little mustard seed of faith of mine and show your glory in my situation.  I thank you in advance! I have great expectations in YOU!!  In Jesus' name, Amen.


Watch God do it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment