Friday, October 10, 2014

IT HAPPENS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS


 
 
 
 
“And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.”  (John 20:26)

 

We've all been there.  Confused, worried, upset, alone, helpless, or all of the above.  You knew the Lord heard your prayers, and you knew He would answer...but you still felt all alone.  You probably even asked "Where are you, God?"  The feeling of being "shut out" rises up in your heart. 

In today's scripture, the disciples were locked up in a room for eight days!  Their faith was really being tried.  They wondered why things happened the way they did...the miracle of Jesus death and resurrection.  Then SUDDENLY, out of nowhere, Jesus appeared to them!  There was no open door, not even an open window - yet there He was right in the midst of them.

In His presence, confusion is cast out, doubt and unbelief are destroyed , and faith is nurtured.  But our natural mind wants to work things out on our own.  We worry ourselves into depression trying to figure it all out...without God's help.  Why? 

It's because we get impatient.  Remember, He works in His own time and we must have faith that He has it all under control.  There will be times when there are no open doors, no open windows, and no way out.  This is the perfect time to allow God to show you exactly who He is!
 
"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken." (Psalms 55:22)

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

As Children of God, we should have an  intimate relationship with Him.  Set aside some time alone with Him each day behind closed doors.  When you take time to talk to Him and cast all your cares upon Him, you'll find that all your answers are right there, behind closed doors.

“But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.”

( Matthew 6:6)

 

 

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, I long to be closer to you.  My heart is heavy when I'm not near you.  I want to know you more each day, not just when I'm in a desperate situation.  Help me to set aside time to fellowship with you regularly.  I realize that it's behind closed doors that all my doubts will be dispelled, my faith cultivated,  and your presence will manifest in my circumstances.  Thank you for loving me enough to want me in spite of my weaknesses.  I honor you and lift your name above all!  In Jesus' name, Amen.

 

Shut the door and open your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment